Physiotherapy is the professional field of healthcare dedicated to helping people identify and maximize their ability to move and function through all stages of life. Physiotherapy can help you achieve your highest level of physical functioning based on your specific needs. People often think of physiotherapy as part of a recovery program, but physical therapy has a huge role to play in preventative care as well.
Physiotherapy can offer the following benefits and outcomes:
- Relieve pain caused from accident, injury, surgery or other medical problems
- Encourage people to commence or resume an activity after being inactive
- Adjust to a new physical limitations cause by injury or illness
- Improve muscle strength and mobility
- Improve basic functions such as posture, walking, and grasping
- Promote independently maintained healthy physical lifestyles
- Educate and plan support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury and functional decline
Individualized treatment plans are developed using evidence based practice and clinical reasoning following a comprehensive assessment of the condition.
The ultimate goal is to enable our patients to independently manage their own physical well-being.
Physiotherapy Services Include:
- Work Related Injury
- Motor Vehicle Injury
- Sports Injury
- Manual Therapy
- Occupational Rehabilitation Programs
- Vestibular Rehabilitation for peripheral vestibular disorders
Our physiotherapy service can be sought on their own or as a part of an integrated health program where you’d have access to a full team of specialists including: occupational therapists, massage therapists, physicians and physiologists.
Getting started with physiotherapy is easy. We do not require a referral from a doctor (Please check with your insurance company to see if they require this for repayment).